Accumulo >> mail # user >> Timing out on connection

+
stbill79@... 2013-06-27, 12:45
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-27, 13:06
+
stbill79@... 2013-06-27, 17:53
Re: Timing out on connection
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When connecting to Accumulo in Java, I'll often get:
>
> *There are no tablet servers: check that zookeeper and accumulo are
> running.*
> *
> *
> The status is understood - usually my server is down. The problem is that
> my code will wait forever, without eventually tossing an exception.
>
> Is there anyway to set a timeout parameter or force the method to
> conditionally connect?

In 1.5 timeouts were added to the BatchWriter and BatchScanner
(ACCUMULO-705 and ACCUMULO-706).  The Scanner has had a timeout for a
while.  However this may not be sufficient, your code may be getting hung
up before trying to read or write.  There is a ticket for client wide
timeout settings ACCUMULO-1286.