Sqoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-02, 01:17
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-02, 14:43
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-02, 16:46
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-05, 10:13
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2012-12-05, 17:28
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-12-05, 18:10
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-06, 16:43
+
Bilung Lee 2012-12-04, 22:59
+
Seetharam Venkatesh 2012-12-05, 06:36
+
Will McQueen 2012-12-05, 06:44
Re: [DISCUSS] Sqoop 2 first cut
Hi Jarcec,

A big +1 for getting this going! Having a release out that users can
experiment with will be a great idea to test the waters and see how Sqoop 2
effort needs to evolve to meet the borader requirements.

I also agree with the versioning scheme that you have proposed.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Sqoop fellow developers,
> it seems that basic import and export functionality in Sqoop 2 will be
> very soon covered. Having said that I would like to propose doing "first
> cut" release of Sqoop 2. My motivation to provide early bits is to get
> feedback from actual users as soon as possible, so that we can incorporate
> good ideas before it will become too expensive.
>
> As we've discussed in the past [1] -  I would like to propose version
> number 1.99.1. I believe that this version number implies that it's very
> far from current stable 1.4 version and very very near to 2.0, but it's not
> 2.0 yet. I would also like to volunteer to be the release manager for this
> first cut of Sqoop 2 branch.
>
> I'm happy to hear other's thoughts!
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://markmail.org/message/5jygqqy3oryxqdib

+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2012-12-07, 18:12