MapReduce >> mail # user >> Incorrect dates on job tracker history

+
James Hammerton 2010-05-17, 09:06
+
Ted Yu 2010-05-17, 12:55
+
James Hammerton 2010-05-17, 13:09
Re: Incorrect dates on job tracker history
James,

> According to the job tracker history viewer on our Hadoop setup, all of our
> recent jobs were run on Wed May 05 15:58:58 UTC 2010. When you click on the
> individual jobs you get the correct times at which they ran. In fact, the
> history viewer seems to allocate the date at which the job tracker was
> (re)started  to all jobs run since the restart.
>
> Is this a bug or a config issue?

This has been the behavior of the History viewer for long that it
shows the timestamp when the JobTracker restarted rather than Job
start time. There has been lot of feedback to fix this usability
issue. I don't know if later versions address this, or a JIRA exists
to fix it.

Thanks
Hemanth

> James
>
> --
> James Hammerton | Senior Data Mining Engineer
> www.mendeley.com/profiles/james-hammerton
>
> Mendeley Limited | London, UK | www.mendeley.com
> Registered in England and Wales | Company Number 6419015

+
Ted Yu 2010-05-18, 03:11
+
Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu 2010-05-18, 03:07
+
James Hammerton 2010-05-18, 08:48