Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] moving website to Apache CMS

[DISCUSS] moving website to Apache CMS
Hi,

What are your thoughts on moving to Apache
CMS<https://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html> for
the website? I've used it with both Apache MRUnit and Apache Crunch and had
good experiences. This came to mind as I recently attempted to create a guide
on editing the website<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/How+to+edit+the+website>and
found it be more difficult than using
CMS <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDZN3Lu6HA> (video).

I am certain there are other pros and cons, but here is what I came up with:

*Pros*
* Recommended by Apache Infra and used for www.apache.org
* Fairly widely adopted within Apache
* Builds happen on the server-side
* Optional web editor (source is still in svn)
* Each side has a staging area e.g. http://mrunit.staging.apache.org/

*Cons*
* Requires change
* Uses Markdown <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax> which
might require learning

Cheers!
Brock
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-18, 14:37
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-07-18, 14:39
+
Owen OMalley 2013-07-18, 16:57
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-20, 15:33