HBase >> mail # user >> Increment operations in hbase

Increment operations in hbase
Hi,

My usecase is I need to increment 1 million rows with in 15 mins. I tried
two approaches but none of the yielded results.

I have used HTable.increment, but is not getting completed in the specified
time. I tried multi-threading also but it is very costly. I have also
implemented get and put as other alternative, but that approach is also not
getting completed in 15 mins.

Can I use any low level implementation like using "Store or HRegionServer"
to increment 1 million rows. I know the table splits, and region servers
serving them, and rows which fall into table splits. I suspect the major
concern as network I/O rather than processing with the above two approaches.

--
Thank you
Kiran Sarvabhotla

-----Even a correct decision is wrong when it is taken late