Accumulo >> mail # user >> Insert and delete row

+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-01-17, 13:59
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-17, 14:40
Re: Insert and delete row
I have noticed that some user iterators perform checks for if the key isDeleted before performing any work. Does that mean that iterators may see deleted keys? (I have been writing my iterators assuming that deleted keys may make it to my iterators)

Roshan Punnoose
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Jan 17, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Roshan Punnoose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We had noticed some interesting behavior in our Accumulo instance. When we delete a row and add that exact same row (with the same timestamp) after the delete, the row still does not exist. It makes sense because the delete really just adds a delete row that tells Accumulo to ignore any row that is equal to it. Is there a way to bypass this? Where I could set up my own iterator to decide if a row should be deleted or not? (not sure how I would decide yet, but just seeing if it is possible to bypass the delete logic as is)
>
> If you do a full compaction before re-inserting the entry, the deletion entry will be removed.  I believe compacting a range is also sufficient (available in newer versions of Accumulo).
>
> Billie
>

> I tried to set up an Iterator in priority=1 to see if I could see a delete row, but it did not seem to make it to my iterator.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Roshan Punnoose
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+