HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal

+
Stack 2011-09-02, 18:06
+
Doug Meil 2011-09-02, 18:33
+
Gary Helmling 2011-09-02, 18:40
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-09-02, 19:09
+
Joey Echeverria 2011-09-02, 19:30
+
Ted Yu 2011-09-02, 19:37
Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
It's not really easier, they've been working on getting this released
for 2.5 years or more. What I think will make it easier is having more
of a precedence. In the government, it's always easier to say no than
yes. Showing that it can be done and done successfully will push them
to develop a consistent process. Hopefully in the future it will take
less than 2.5 years to go public :)

-Joey

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.