Hive, mail # dev - Post-gres Hive Metastore

Post-gres Hive Metastore
Kevin Wilfong 2012-02-09, 18:59
Hello,

Does anyone still use postgres as the Hive metastore SQL backend?

I'm in the process of writing scripts to upgrade the metastore schema as part of

I noticed that the postgres metastore upgrade scripts are missing the script for HIVE-2246.  This patch added a new table COLUMNS_V2 and completely rearranged the way column information is stored in the metastore.  Without this  change, I don't know how anyone could continue to use postgres for Hive after upgrading to HIVE-2246.

Thanks,
Kevin Wilfong
+
Steven Wong 2012-02-09, 19:30