Hive >> mail # user >> serde jar causing problems in loading other jars.

Re: serde jar causing problems in loading other jars.
I see from your listing that your jar contains the contents of many, if not
all, of the Apache and logging jars that are also in the hadoop/lib and
hive/lib directories, including the core hadoop and hive jars themselves.
plus some Google, JSON, and other libraries. Most likely, this is causing
issues, besides creating an unnecessarily large jar file of your code.

You should remove ALL the contents of other jars from your jar and use ADD
JAR only on the unique jars, like the Joda time jar you're using. I suspect
that will reduce or eliminate the problems, even though that it can be
tedious. I suspect you only really need to add a few extra jars, though.

The  root-cause exception :

        at org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.registerBundle(
NonManagedPluginRegistry.java:443)
        at org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.registerBundle(
NonManagedPluginRegistry.java:355)

involves the $HIVE_HOME/lib/datanucleus-core-X.Y.Z.jar. I can only guess
that loading multiple copies of other jar contents is tripping it up
somehow.

Good luck,
dean

*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*