Flume >> mail # user >> Avro client in NG as replacement for tail source in OG?

+
Chris Neal 2012-08-13, 17:43
+
Stern, Mark 2012-08-13, 20:03
Re: Avro client in NG as replacement for tail source in OG?
Hey Chris,

Mark has got it - for the behavior you are looking, you probably want
a tier of flume agents running where you currently have avro clients,
using an exec source with "tail -F" as the command.

Keep in minding the red warning box in the user guide related to
sources like this. If a flume agent restarts, it may re-send or miss
certain log entries.

- Patrick

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Stern, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Use an exec source running 'tail -F'.

+
Chris Neal 2012-08-14, 14:19
+