Hive >> mail # user >> Hive upload

+
yogesh dhari 2012-07-04, 05:39
Re: Hive upload
Hi Yogesh

The first issue (sqoop one).
1) Is the table newhive coming when you list tables using 'show table'?
2) Are you seeing a directory 'newhive' in your hive warte house dir(usually /usr/hive/warehouse)?

If not sqoop is failing to create hive tables /load data into them. Only sqoop import to hdfs is getting successful the hive part is failing.

If hive in stand alone mode works as desired you need to check the sqoop configurations.

Regarding the second issue, can you check the storage location of NewTable and check whether there are files within. If so then do a 'cat' of those files and see whether it has the correct data format.

You can get the location of your table from the following command
describe formatted NewTable;

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: yogesh dhari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:09:02
To: hive request<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Hive upload
Hi all,
I am trying to upload the tables from RDBMS to hive through sqoop, hive imports successfully. but i didn't find any table in hive that imported table gets uploaded into hdfs idr /user/hive/warehouseI want it to be present into hive, I used this command
sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Demo --username sqoop1 --password SQOOP1 -table newone --hive-table newhive --create-hive-table --hive-import --target-dir /user/hive/warehouse/new

And another thing is,If I upload any file or table from HDFS or from Local then its uploads but data doesn't show in Hive table,
If I run command Select * from NewTable;it reflects
Null     Null     Null    Null

although the real data is
Yogesh    4    Bangalore   1234

Please Suggest and help