HDFS >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-04-22, 16:48
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-04-23, 08:08
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-25, 21:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 17:29
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 23:06
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-27, 04:43
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-27, 05:26
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:34
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:55
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 17:02
+
Tsz Wo \ 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Devaraj Das 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-27, 17:41
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:36
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 05:18
+
Hairong 2011-04-27, 17:46
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 04:56
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-28, 13:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-28, 18:02
Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
On Apr 26, 2011, at 11:34 PM, suresh srinivas wrote:

>> 2. I assume that merging requires a vote. I am sure people who know bylaws
>> better than I do will correct me if it is not true.
>> Did I miss the vote?
>>

> As regards to voting, since I was not sure about the procedure, I had
> consulted Owen about it. He had indicated that voting is not necessary. If
> the right procedure is to call for voting, I will do so. Owen any comments?

Merging a branch back in doesn't require an explicit vote. It is just a code commit. This discussion thread is enough to establish that there is consensus in the dev community.

-- Owen
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:44
+