HDFS >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
On Apr 26, 2011, at 11:34 PM, suresh srinivas wrote:

>> 2. I assume that merging requires a vote. I am sure people who know bylaws
>> better than I do will correct me if it is not true.
>> Did I miss the vote?
>>

> As regards to voting, since I was not sure about the procedure, I had
> consulted Owen about it. He had indicated that voting is not necessary. If
> the right procedure is to call for voting, I will do so. Owen any comments?

Merging a branch back in doesn't require an explicit vote. It is just a code commit. This discussion thread is enough to establish that there is consensus in the dev community.

-- Owen