Hive >> mail # user >> UnitTest did not pass during compile the latest hive code

Re: UnitTest did not pass during compile the latest hive code
Thanks Tim & Thejas

I trying to compile the latest code because I want to learn HIVE code.

I have compiled HIVE successfully.

But still have problem in running the tests.

The test
./hcatalog/core/src/test/java/org/apache/hive/hcatalog/cli/TestUseDatabase.java
failed to pass the junit test.

we have code below in the test code:

CommandProcessorResponse response;

response = hcatDriver.run("alter table " + tblName + " add partition
(b='2') location '/tmp'");
assertEquals(0, response.getResponseCode());
assertNull(response.getErrorMessage());

The code is trying to read /tmp directory. But, in my /tmp directory, there
is a file name "fcitx-socket-:0".
Accroding to this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7945 hadoop
did not allow ":" in filename.
The code print following message:

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.net.URISyntaxException: Relative path in absolute URI: fcitx-socket-:0)

I'm trying to fix it.
Best Regards
金杰 (Jay Jin)