HBase >> mail # dev >> Omid: Transactional Support for HBase

+
Daniel Gómez Ferro 2011-11-04, 09:49
+
Stack 2011-11-04, 18:25
Re: Omid: Transactional Support for HBase
Hi Daniel,

Cool stuff.  You might want to link your project on the "supporting
projects" wiki page as well:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SupportingProjects

Can't guarantee it'll drive a lot of traffic, but it's a good
reference point for new users looking for options.

--gh
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2011/11/4 Daniel Gómez Ferro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce the open source release of Omid, a project whose goal is to add lock-free transactional support on top of HBase. The current release includes CrSO, a client-replicated status oracle that detects the write-write conflicts to provide Snapshot Isolation. CrSO has the following appealing properties:
>>

> Nice addition Daniel.  Thank you for posting the list (FYI, slaves in
> HBase are called RegionServers not DataNodes -- you might want to
> update your graphic).  What does CrSo stand for?    If it fails, all
> transactions just abort -- the clients will time them out? (Thats not
> bad I'd say).   Thanks for doing the comparison to hbase-trx.  That
> helps.
>
> Good stuff Daniel,
> St.Ack

+