HBase >> mail # user >> split table data into two or more tables

+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 18:36
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 18:41
Re: split table data into two or more tables
May I ask the rationale behind this ?
Were you aiming for higher write throughput ?

Please also tell us how many regions you have in the current table.

Thanks

BTW please consider upgrading to 0.94.4

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wondered if there is a way of splitting data from one table into two or
> more tables in hbase with iidentical schemas, i.e. if table A has 100M
> records put 50M into table B, 50M into table C and delete table A.
> Currently, I use hbase-0.92.1 and hadoop-1.4.0
>
> Thanks.
> Alex.

+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 18:51