Sqoop >> mail # dev >> When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?

Re: When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?
The parameter --connection-param-file is more targeting user experience than a security. It can be used to hide password from command line to a file similarly as parameter -P. However it's worth mentioning that the password will still be serialized into JobConf and thus openly available to all users that have access to the JobTracker.

Jarcec