Hadoop >> mail # user >> RE: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the CheckPointNode?

+
David Parks 2013-03-27, 03:28
Re: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the CheckPointNode?
David,

If the good copy on NFS exists post-crash of the NN, use that for
lesser/zero loss than the SNN which can be an hour old (checkpoint
period) by default. Thats the whole point for running the NFS disk
mount (make sure its softmounted btw, you don't want your NN to hang
if the NFS is hung).

--
Harsh J
+