HDFS, mail # user - Re: New Production Cluster Criticisms/Advice

Re: New Production Cluster Criticisms/Advice
anil gupta 2012-08-15, 02:40
My 2 cents on Hadoop version in Production:

If you think you will be deploying your stuff in prod in in 1-2 month then
you should note that cdh4 uses Hadoop-2.0.0-Alpha and "Alpha" release means
Hadoop-2.0.0 is not production ready. \. So you might need to make a call
on which cdh version to use(cdh3u3 or cdh4).

Personally, i have used both cdh3u2 and cdh4. Recently, i completed setting
up a fully distributed cluster of cdh4 with HA for Namenode, Zookeeper, and
HBase Master. HA for Namenode is a big advantage with Hadoop-2.0.0.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,