Pig >> mail # user >> How do I load JSON in Pig?

Re: How do I load JSON in Pig?
keep calm
and use elephant-bird
https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird<https://github.com/kevinweil/elephant-bird/blob/master/pig/src/main/java/com/twitter/elephantbird/pig/load/JsonLoader.java>

I posted here yesterday an example how to load tweets in json
here goes again. I hope it helps.

  register 'elephant-bird-core-3.0.0.jar'
    register 'elephant-bird-pig-3.0.0.jar'
    register 'google-collections-1.0.jar'
    register 'json-simple-1.1.jar'

    json_lines = LOAD
'/twitter_data/tweets/stream/v1/json/2012_10_10/08' USING
com.twitter.elephantbird.pig.load.JsonLoader();

    geo_tweets = FOREACH json_lines GENERATE (CHARARRAY) $0#'id' AS
id, (CHARARRAY) $0#'geoLocation' AS geoLocation;

    only_not_nulls = FILTER geo_tweets BY geoLocation is not null;
    store only_not_nulls into '/twitter_data/results/geo_tweets';

Arian Rodrigo Pasquali
FEUP, SAPO Labs
http://www.arianpasquali.com
twitter @arianpasquali