MapReduce >> mail # user >> Question related to Number of Mapper

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-11-07, 16:20
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-07, 16:31
Re: Question related to Number of Mapper
Hi,

Thanks!

But it is given as 100 Mappers... I think we can also use 'n' number of
Mappers as the same as the number of input files... (not for this
question)... If you know more detail on that please share..

Note : I forgot from where this question I taken :)

regards,
Rams.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> 0 Custer didn't run. He got surrounded and then massacred.  :-P (See
> Custer's last stand at Little Big Horn)
>
> Ok... plain text files 100 files 2 blocks each would by default attempt to
> schedule 200 mappers.
>
> Is this one of those online Cert questions?
>
> On Nov 7, 2012, at 10:20 AM, Ramasubramanian Narayanan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If a  Custer’s HDFS block size is 64MB. You have a directory containing
> 100 plain text files, each of which Is 100MB in size. The InputFormat for
> your job is TextInputFormat. How many Mappers will run?
> >
> > regards,
> > Rams

+
Michael Segel 2012-11-07, 17:30