-ANN: Kazoo 0.6 (Python 3 support, transactions + read/only mode)
Hanno Schlichting 2012-09-27, 11:05
Kazoo 0.6 has been released today. Next to some bug fixes, it expands
support to Python 3.2, 3.3 and PyPy for the threading handler (gevent
isn't yet Py3k compatible). It also includes support for read-only
mode and transactions/multi as introduced in ZK 3.4 and finally adds a
new Semaphore recipe.
We are working on more recipes like queues for the next release.
Kazoo can be installed off Pypi. Complete and thorough docs available
On behalf of the Kazoo team,
- Node paths are assumed to be Unicode objects. Under Python 2 pure-ascii
strings will also be accepted. Node values are considered bytes. The byte
type is an alias for `str` under Python 2.
- New KeeperState.CONNECTED_RO state for Zookeeper servers connected in
- New NotReadOnlyCallError exception when issuing a write change against a
server thats currently read-only.
- Add support for Python 3.2, 3.3 and PyPy (only for the threading handler).
- Handles connecting to Zookeeper 3.4+ read-only servers.
- Automatic background scanning for a Read/Write server when connected to a
server in read-only mode.
- Add new Semaphore recipe.
- Add a new `retry_max_delay` argument to the client and by default limit the
retry delay to at most an hour regardless of exponential backoff settings.
- Add new `randomize_hosts` argument to `KazooClient`, allowing one to disable
- Fix bug with locks not handling intermediary lock contenders disappearing.
- Fix bug with set_data type check failing to catch unicode values.
- Fix bug with gevent 0.13.x backport of peekable queue.
- Fix PatientChildrenWatch to use handler specific sleep function.