HBase >> mail # user >> Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-18, 09:57
RE: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
It will instantiate one scan op per Get

-Anoop-
From: Varun Sharma [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

Hi,

I am trying to batched get(s) on a cluster. Here is the code:

List<Get> gets = ...
// Prepare my gets with the rows i need
myHTable.get(gets);

I have two questions about the above scenario:
i) Is this the most optimal way to do this ?
ii) I have a feeling that if there are multiple gets in this case, on the
same region, then each one of those shall instantiate separate scan(s) over
the region even though a single scan is sufficient. Am I mistaken here ?

Thanks
Varun
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-18, 10:49