Accumulo >> mail # user >> TimeSpan Iterator

+
Bob.Thorman@... 2012-08-28, 13:26
+
John Armstrong 2012-08-28, 13:33
+
William Slacum 2012-08-28, 16:02
+
Bob.Thorman@... 2012-08-28, 16:47
+
John Armstrong 2012-08-28, 16:55
+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-08-28, 16:45
+
Bob.Thorman@... 2012-08-28, 16:51
Re: TimeSpan Iterator
It could be inefficient if you can't narrow down your search of a table to
specific ranges, via an index or some hint stored in the key that you can
use to seek() around. You're left with doing an exhaustive search of the
data, even if clients will only see data that matches your filtering
criteria.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Billie****
>
> ** **
>
> Your comment “Users should be aware that this is not an efficient
> operation, though.” may help me decide if my current use of a secondary
> time index is better then.  Right now I maintain a table that has
> timestamps as the rowid whose values are the rowid in a metadata table.
> Therefore I do one range scan based on the timestamp.  Then a second lookup
> of the metadata rowid.  Is this more efficient?  ****
>
> ** **

+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-08-28, 18:04