Hadoop >> mail # general >> 0.23.3 release coming soon

Re: 0.23.3 release coming soon
I respect your opinion, but I personally feel that there is a lot of value
in having a release that has been stabilized, is being maintained, and
tested on a large scale.  Even if there is confusion about the version
numbers.  But I will leave the final decision up to the PMC.  If they feel
the version numbering confusion is worth the value they can vote for an
official release.  If they do not they can vote against it.

--Bobby