HBase >> mail # user >> Monitoring

Hello,

I was just looking at Ganglia that one of our customers uses for their 200+ node HBase cluster.  I do not find Ganglia very nice.  For example, I don't think I can make it render some metric for N nodes on a single chart for example, or that I can pick a very specific time period, etc.  We at Sematext use our own SPM [1] service to monitor our own HBase and Solr clusters.  It doesn't have everything you need (e.g. we only have a prototype for alerts, but we didn't deploy it yet), but the service is currently free for all because we haven't integrated it with any payment services yet..... so whoever is interested.... :)

Otis
[1] http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

P.S.
We're looking for people who want to work on SPM - http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html