Hive, mail # user - Hive Query Issue

Re: Hive Query Issue
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-08-07, 19:31
Hi

Some quick checks

Please don't mind if my questions sound trivial

1. Is your hdfs cluster or pseudo-distributed node up and running
     Can u see the HDFS at http://host:50070 ?

2. Is your mrV1 or Yarn (mrV2) up and running
    2a)mrV1 http://host:50030
    2b) YARN http://host:8088

3. Is your hive-default xml; pointing to the job tracker

4. Can u run a MR job on your cluster independent of Hive ?
     U can try the WordCount that comes standard with the examples

Thanks

sanjay

From: Manickam P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:10 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: RE: Hive Query Issue

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have a small test table which has around 10 records. when i run select * from table.. it launched a job and that got completed successfully. When i run the same query in my actual table no job got initiated. it got struck. I did not get any error in my task tracker also. All my data nodes are up and running.

I don't have any clue here.
Thanks,
Manickam P