Hadoop, mail # user - How to lower the total number of map tasks

+
Shing Hing Man 2012-10-02, 16:34
+
Bejoy Ks 2012-10-02, 17:01
+
Bejoy Ks 2012-10-02, 17:03
+
Shing Hing Man 2012-10-02, 17:38
+
Bejoy KS 2012-10-02, 17:46
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-10-02, 17:00
+
Shing Hing Man 2012-10-02, 17:33
+
Bejoy KS 2012-10-02, 17:37
Re: How to lower the total number of map tasks
Shing Hing Man 2012-10-02, 18:17
I have done the following.

1)  stop-all.sh
2)  In mapred-site.xml,  added
<property>
  <name>mapred.max.split.size</name>
  <value>134217728</value>
</property>

(df.block.size remain unchanged at  67108864)

3) start-all.sh
4) Use hadoop fs -cp src destn,  to copy  my original file to  another hdfs directory.

5) Run my mapReduce program using the  new  copy of input file .

However, in the job.xml, I still get mapred.map.tasks =242, which is same as before.
I have also tried deleting my input file  in hdfs and import it again from my local drive.

Any more ideas ?

Shing