Sqoop >> mail # dev >> How to compile sqoop

+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-20, 12:36
Re: How to compile sqoop
Hi Zhao,
the exception you're seeing is typical when Sqoop was compiled for different Hadoop version that you're running on your cluster.

Sqoop by default is compiling for hadoop 23. You can change that by passing property -Dhadoopversion=20 as you tried to do. Unfortunately it seems to me that you have typo in your command and you have "hadoopverion" instead of "hadoopversion". You can check ant log for hadoop version that build is using in order to be sure that you're building against version that you need to.

I would recommend to rebuild the project in case that you change the hadoopversion parameter to force ant recompile all the classing again:

ant clean jar-all -Dhadoopversion=20

Jarcec

On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:36 AM, Zhao Hong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I  compiled branch-1.4.2 of  sqoop  with the  command below.
>           ant jar-all -Dhadoopverion=20
> and the result is totally successful.
>
> When I  try to import some data from oracle database using the sqoop that I
> built ,  I got the exception : "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected."
>
> I cant get the right result when run the same command using the sqoop from
> the org and my hadoop version is  hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2.
>
> So, my question is how should I compile the sqoop to work with my hadoop.
>
> Thanks & Regards.
>
> Hong
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-21, 03:40
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-21, 03:24
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-20, 12:38
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 14:44
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-21, 03:28
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-21, 06:31
+
vasanth kumar 2012-12-23, 18:55
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-23, 21:24
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-12-24, 01:58
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-24, 06:22
+
vasanth kumar 2012-12-24, 17:45