Sqoop >> mail # dev >> How to compile sqoop

Re: How to compile sqoop
Hi Zhao,
the exception you're seeing is typical when Sqoop was compiled for different Hadoop version that you're running on your cluster.

Sqoop by default is compiling for hadoop 23. You can change that by passing property -Dhadoopversion=20 as you tried to do. Unfortunately it seems to me that you have typo in your command and you have "hadoopverion" instead of "hadoopversion". You can check ant log for hadoop version that build is using in order to be sure that you're building against version that you need to.

I would recommend to rebuild the project in case that you change the hadoopversion parameter to force ant recompile all the classing again:

ant clean jar-all -Dhadoopversion=20

Jarcec