Hive >> mail # dev >> creating branch 0.12

+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-07, 00:29
+
Thejas Nair 2013-09-07, 01:38
Re: creating branch 0.12
Hi Thejas,
Will you please consider following couple of issues for inclusion in 0.12.

a) HIVE-4492 : breaks backward compatibility for metastore thrift api. Also
subsequently resulted in HIVE-4930
b) HIVE-5056 : is functional outage.

a) Available patch doesn't apply cleanly anymore. I am working on rebasing
it.
b) is under review.

Hopefully, both will be available in time.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Thejas Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hive 0.12 branch has been created! (branch-0.12)
>

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Thejas Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > As discussed in earlier thread, I will go ahead and create a branch
> > for hive 0.12 release. I will do that in another hour.
> >
> > Please reply to this thread if there are any jiras that are not
> > committed yet, that you feel should be included in hive 0.12.  Please
> > include only jiras that are being actively worked on (or that you are
> > willing to actively work on), and those that are likely to able to get
> > to a committable state in another week or so. I would like to get 0.12
> > into a stabilizing phase in two weeks, which would mean freezing the
> > branch at that point to checkin only any blocker bug fixes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thejas
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE