Hive >> mail # user >> First/last in npath

Re: First/last in npath
Can you try this:

select search_terms, productid, clicks_to_product from npath ( on clicks
                distributed by sessionid sort by timestamp
                arg1('SEARCH.NOTPRODUCT*.PRODUCT'),
                arg2('SEARCH'), arg3(page = 'SEARCH'),
                arg4('PRODUCT'), arg5(page = 'PRODUCT'),
                arg5('NOTPRODUCT'), arg5(page != 'PRODUCT'),
                arg6('search_terms,  (size(tpath)-1) as clicks_to_product, tpath[size(tpath) -1].productid as productid')
                );
- added NOTPRODUCT to capture clicks between SEARCH and PRODUCT
- you don't need first_value for search_terms, because you are getting the row back starting at which the Pattern matches.
- to get the last_value, i am hoping this works: tpath[size(tpath) -1].productid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE