Hive >> mail # user >> ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive

ROW_NUMBER() equivalent in Hive
Hi,
This is Kumar, and this is my first question in this group.
I have a requirement to implement ROW_NUMBER() from Teradata in Hive where partitioning happens on multiple columns along with multiple column ordering.
It can be easily implemented in Hadoop MR, but I have to do in Hive. By doing in UDF can assign same rank to grouping key considering dataset is small, but ordering need to be done in prior step.
Can we do this in lot simpler way?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kumar