MapReduce >> mail # user >> Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS

+
Sandeep Nemuri 2013-07-23, 06:24
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-07-23, 06:54
+
Raj K Singh 2013-07-23, 07:07
+
Balamurali 2013-07-23, 07:11
RE: Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS
Hi Balamurali,

As per my knowledge, there is nothing in the hadoop which does exactly as per your requirement.

You can write mapreduce jobs according to your functionality and submit hourly/daily/weekly or monthly . And then you can aggregate the results.

If you want some help regarding Hive, you can ask the same in Hive mailing list.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: Balamurali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 July 2013 12:42
To: user
Subject: Re: Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS

Hi,

I configured hadoop-1.0.3, hbase-0.92.1 and hive-0.10.0 .
Created table in HBase.Inserted records.Processing the data using Hive.
I have to show a graph with some points ( 7 - 7 days or 12 for one year).In one day records may include 1000 - lacks.I need to show average of these 1000 - lacks records.is<http://records.is> there any built in haddop mechanism to process these records fast.
Also I need to run a hive query  or job (when we run a hive query actually a job is submitting) in every 1 hour.Is there a scheduling mechanism in hadoop to handle thsese

Please reply.
Balamurali