HBase, mail # user - Multiple CF and versions

Re: Multiple CF and versions
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-01, 05:33
Hello Mohit,

       It is advised not to go above two or three column families.
This is because, when we have many column families, the flushing and
compaction can cause too many needless i/o operations, thus reducing
the performance.

       As far as versions are concerned, default value is 3. Although
we can change it as per our need, but it is not recommended to set the
number of max versions to an exceedingly high level because this will
increase size of the StoreFile greatly.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq