HBase >> mail # user >> Choose the location of a record

Re: Choose the location of a record
Blaise,

Generally speaking, no. The distribution of row keys over regions is handled by HBase. This is as you would want, so that the failure of any given server is transparent to your application.

There are ways to hack around this, but generally you shouldn't design in such a way as to require that.

What's the requirement motivating your question?

Ian