Hadoop >> mail # general >> HTTP transport?

+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-11, 21:41
+
Patrick Hunt 2009-11-12, 22:22
+
Scott Carey 2009-09-26, 00:36
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-28, 17:01
+
Owen OMalley 2009-09-28, 17:59
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-28, 22:42
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-29, 18:52
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 19:43
+
stack 2009-09-29, 20:38
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 21:08
+
stack 2009-09-29, 21:57
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 23:17
+
Devaraj Das 2009-09-29, 23:57
+
Scott Carey 2009-09-30, 01:37
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-05, 20:43
+
Ryan Rawson 2009-10-05, 20:47
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-05, 20:53
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-06, 02:59
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-06, 03:15
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-06, 03:30
+
Owen OMalley 2009-10-08, 22:10
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-09, 17:49
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-10-09, 18:13
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-09, 19:56
+
Kan Zhang 2009-10-14, 01:59
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-14, 16:37
+
Kan Zhang 2009-11-06, 19:15
+
Doug Cutting 2009-11-06, 21:06
Re: HTTP transport?

On 10/14/09 9:37 AM, "Doug Cutting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kan Zhang wrote:
>> One problem I see with using HTTP is that it's expensive to provide data
>> encryption. We're currently adding 2 authentication mechanisms (Kerberos and
>> DIGEST-MD5) to our existing RPC. Both of them can provide data encryption
>> for subsequent communication over the authenticated channel. However, when
>> similar authentication mechanisms are specified for HTTP (SPNEGO and HTTP
>> DIGEST, respectively), they don't provide data encryption (correct me if I'm
>> wrong). For data encryption over HTTP, one has to use SSL, which is
>> expensive.
>
> Java supports using Kerberos-based encryption for TLS (nee SSL):
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#KRB

This addresses part of my concern (the Kerberos part). I wasn't aware Java
already supports it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Kan
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-11, 01:11
+