MapReduce >> mail # user >> Initialization for record writing.

Initialization for record writing.
Hi,

Looking at 0.21's API,

In org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.RecordReader, there is an initialize() method that I can use for one time work;

In org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.RecordWriter, there is no initialize().

Why is that?  Where am I supposed to do the one time initialization?  In the constructor?  Why the asymmetry?

Thanks,
Jane