Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Steve Loughran 2012-12-01, 10:44
On 1 December 2012 01:08, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -1, 0, -1
>
> IIUC the only platform we plan to add support for that we can't easily
> support today (w/o an emulation layer like cygwin) is Windows, and it
> seems like making the bash scripts simpler and having parallel bat
> files is IMO a better approach.

WinNT Bat/CMD files are the worst possible scripting language invented. At
the very least, .py should be the language of choice there