Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-05, 17:24
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-05, 18:35
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-05, 18:41
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-08, 00:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-08, 01:31
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-10, 18:50
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-10, 19:33
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-12, 03:16
Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
Hi Radim,

In general, Maven plugins are built and deployed to a repository.
Then, Maven fetches the precompiled binaries from this repository
based on a specific version number in the pom.  This is how Maven
plugins work in general. not specific to this proposal.

I did experiment with bundling the Maven plugins with the main Hadoop
source in HADOOP-8887; however, this is not really feasible.  Hence
the proposal for a separate sub-project here.

So basically the summary is the Maven workflow wouldn't change.

Hope this helps.
Colin
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Radim Kolar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> what is proposed build workflow?
>
> Its enough to do mvn install to get custom plugins available to maven in
> build phase or you must setup own mvn repo and do mvn deploy?
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-12, 18:20
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-12, 18:46