Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')

Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
Hi Radim,

In general, Maven plugins are built and deployed to a repository.
Then, Maven fetches the precompiled binaries from this repository
based on a specific version number in the pom.  This is how Maven
plugins work in general. not specific to this proposal.

I did experiment with bundling the Maven plugins with the main Hadoop
source in HADOOP-8887; however, this is not really feasible.  Hence
the proposal for a separate sub-project here.

So basically the summary is the Maven workflow wouldn't change.

Hope this helps.
Colin