HBase >> mail # user >> Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94

Re: Updating from 0.90.2 to 0.94
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Yusup Ashrap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Kiran , thanks for reply
> From what I've read from online docs , downtime is inevitable for
> upgrading from 0.90.2 to 0.94,

Yes.

Going from 0.90.x to 0.92., you will need to restart.

You will be able to do a rolling upgrade going from 0.92 to 0.94.

> and I can afford some downtime. I cannot afford dataloss, so I am
> concerning potential problems with rolling back to 0.90.2 if I fail to
> upgrade.

This is tough.  We do now support rolling back so as Viral suggests, it
would be ugly copy of data.   Search the mailing list.  There should be
description of doing background distcp and then doing a copy after the
shutdown to copy the differences only (try it first.. .I don't know of any
locks but if Viral says he had issue, I would pay attention).  Ask again if
no luck finding description...

St.Ack