Hive >> mail # user >> Table present in HDFS but 'show table' Returns Empty

Re: Table present in HDFS but 'show table' Returns Empty
May be you are using derby as your metastore. It creates the metastore in
the current directory from where you started your hive session. You may
have started your hive session from a different directory next time.

Please use either mysql as your metastore or set a definite directory in
your config file as your metastore if you continue to use derby as your
meta store.

Regards,
Ramki.