HDFS, mail # user - Encryption in HDFS

Re: Encryption in HDFS
Seonyeong Bak 2013-02-28, 15:28
java8964

1) To my knowledge, there is no way to split the encrypted file in apache
hadoop. In hadoop 1.1.X, however, It is possible to decrypt the encrypted
file individually by block, using SplittableCompressionCodec and
SplitCompressionInputStream.

SplittableCompressionCodec -
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/io/compress/SplittableCompressionCodec.html
SplitCompressionInputStream -
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/io/compress/SplitCompressionInputStream.html

2) I don't use the Decompressor Stream and BlockDompressorStream. My
implementation was developed as like bzip2 implementation.
If you analyze bzip2 code, I think you will get a big help.

3) I want to share my implementation after cleansing my code.

I'm sorry for late reply.

- seonpark