Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4

+
Mike Drob 2013-08-20, 16:28
+
Eric Newton 2013-08-20, 17:20
+
Eric Newton 2013-08-21, 21:36
+
Christopher 2013-08-22, 23:11
+
Josh Elser 2013-08-23, 02:32
+
Mike Drob 2013-08-23, 19:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-08-26, 15:05
+
Sean Busbey 2013-08-26, 16:08
+
Josh Elser 2013-08-26, 18:07
+
Mike Drob 2013-08-25, 16:16
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo 1.4.4 RC4
Billie Rinaldi 2013-08-25, 18:03
There is another TODO: update the information for the most recent 1.4
release in the doap file on the website (
http://accumulo.apache.org/doap_Accumulo.rdf).  The doap file controls the
contents of the Accumulo project page (
http://projects.apache.org/projects/accumulo.html).

We use extpaths for the javadocs, so that it's easier to work with the site
repository.  This means the javadocs do not exist in the svn tree or the
staging site, but they still exist on the published site.  It takes a long
time to check in or check out the javadocs.  To replace the javadocs,
remove the appropriate entry from extpaths.txt, then check in.  Publish the
site once it has compiled.  This removes the javadocs from the published
site.  Put new javadocs into the appropriate directory.  Check in, wait for
it to build, verify the javadocs on the staging site, and publish the
site.  Expect the check in to take a while.  Delete the javadocs locally
and add the path back to extpaths.txt.  Check in, wait for build, publish
the site, and verify that the javadocs still exist on the published site.

There is another method for uploading generated docs (
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#generated-docs) but it hasn't worked
the couple of times I've tried it.

The 1.4 web manual was generated via a process that should not be
replicated.  I would suggest either leaving it as is, or manually updating
it with important changes if any have been made.  Since the javadocs update
is not easy, we could also consider leaving them as is, unless the new
version happens to address ACCUMULO-1532.

Billie

+
Mike Drob 2013-08-25, 23:23
+