HBase >> mail # dev >> Puzzling behaviour with HBase checksums

Re: Puzzling behaviour with HBase checksums
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just set this value in hbase-site.xml but still the 7 byte reads and
> lseek(s) persist.

c. dfs.client.read.shortcircuit.skip.checksum is the key to bypass checksum
check at the client side.  (from hdfs-2246 release notes).

It is red herring though because when you set
hbase.regionserver.checksum.verify, in hbase, we set the above config. to
true.  See HFileSystem.

It is news to me we read the .meta file even though we ask for no
checksumming.  Its a bug I'd say.  Do you have the fb commit that skips
this seek?  No worries if you do not.  I can find it myself.

Nice digging Varun,
St.Ack