Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Given a tablet id, is there a function to split?

Re: Given a tablet id, is there a function to split?
The issue is that I know the tablet to split, but not the split value.
I think I need something like the findSplitRow method In Tablet.java.
Is that functionality exposed to the client?