MapReduce >> mail # user >> “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

“hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory
Hello!

I'm trying to install Hadoop 1.1.2.21 on CentOS 6.3.

I've configured dfs.name.dir in /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml file

<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>

But when I run "hadoop namenode -format" command, it formats
/tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/name directory instead. It seems like default
directory.

What am I missing?
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-06, 15:14