Hadoop, mail # user - bulk data transfer to HDFS remotely (e.g. via wan)

Re: bulk data transfer to HDFS remotely (e.g. via wan)
Mattmann, Chris A 2010-03-02, 18:48
Hi All,

I co-authored a paper about this that was published at the NASA/IEEE Mass Storage conference in 2006 [1]. Also, my Ph.D. Dissertation [2] contains information about making these types of data movement selections when needed. Thought I'd throw it out there in case it helps.

HTH,
Chris

[1] http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/pubs/MSST2006.pdf
[2] http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/Dissertation.pdf