HBase >> mail # dev >> Clearing the .tmp directory on master startup

Clearing the .tmp directory on master startup
Hi  Devs

Currently the HMaster initilization deletes the files under .tmp using the
HFileArchiver.
in HMaster().new MasterFileSystem().createInitialFileSystemLayout().

Actually i was thinking of using this info in the .tmp directory for the
tables that were partially created so that on master restart i can use this
info to recreate the table fully.
But i found that we are deleting this .tmp directory.

My question here is will it be ok to delete the .tmp directory after
the this.assignmentManager.joinCluster(), call in
HMaster.finishInitialization?

Because by this time i would be knowing what are the partially created
tables.

Just wanted to confirm before i can make this change?  My worry was, may be
snapshot is trying to utilize this info and doing something.

Regards
Ram
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-25, 12:08